DYG NUR FA'IZAH BINTI ABG AHAD's avatar'
DYG NUR FA'IZAH BINTI ABG AHAD10 bulan yang lepasMauLuah

CIMB hiring process, confused me. I went interview with Branch Manager and he recommended to hire me and asked me to wait for HR to contact me for further hiring process. It has been a month now.

CIMB Job Application Status My friend, which is one of the CIMB Bank Bhd employee recommended me to work as Personal Financial Consultant at CIMB Bank Bhd at Boulevard Miri branch, so I did went for the interview with the Branch Manager. Branch Manager has recommended me to CIMB Bank Berhad to hire me. I had filled out all the necessary forms for job application even the Statutory Declaration Form. Branchanager told me to wait for HR to contact me to further the hiring process. Mind that, all this was on 28th April 2023. I was so happy that I have high chance to work at CIMB Bank. The interview at that time more like a report duty. Its more to sharing the daily activity, monthly target and so on as Personal Financial Consultant. Its sounded serious and i thought that I'd definitely get that job position. So I got high hopes to this. After 2 weeks since the interview, I asked the Branch Manager for the updates and he told me that he has discussed my application with CIMB Bank Berhad Regional Director. Branch Manager told me to wait for further updates. After 3 weeks since the interview, suddenly got 1 other candidate they need to consider the application. I was the first to got it but suddenly got 1 other candidate. Branch Manager told me that HR still need the Regional Director to decide whether to choose me or other 1 candidate. Regional Director has not made any decision yet. But I went to the CIMB Bank Bhd official website and found out that they posted an advertisement for job position and location that I applied. I am confuse. What happen here? I thought HR has finalised their candidates? It's me and other 1 candidate. Does this mean that CIMB does no longer interested with my application and will not further my application to hiring process?
N**** H*** B**** A**** M****'s avatar'
N**** H*** B**** A**** M****9 bulan yang lepas
me too, im so confused how they doing the hiring process. i already follow up with them thru email but they said that they are currently doing the final round checking for our recruitment. Im just confused that if i suit with their requirement? if not just reject me directly, at least I don’t put my hope high. I also confused, they always ask me if I available for immediately for the recruitment or I need to serve for any notice to my current company. This is second time they ask me for that question, I already told them I always available for anytime. Also, they also ask me what is my status on my previous employment. The thing is, after I email them for the following up hiring process, they just come up with the question. If I don’t email them? Will they ask me anything? It’s takes longer hiring process, I almost giveup and feel discouraged. Feel like I need to put my hope high after they took longer time for hiring process. What should I do now?😪
Syed Taufik's avatar'
Syed Taufik10 bulan yang lepas
Based on the information provided, it is unclear what has happened with your application. However, it is possible that the job advertisement you saw on the CIMB Bank Bhd website may be for a different position or location than the one you applied for. Generally, hiring processes can take some time, and it is not uncommon for there to be delays or changes in the process. If you are concerned about the status of your application, it may be appropriate to follow up with the Branch Manager or HR to inquire about any updates. It is important to remain patient and professional throughout the hiring process, and to continue exploring other job opportunities while waiting for a decision from CIMB Bank Berhad.