What Will You Do?
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, you will be responsible for ensuring the rooms of the hotel are well presented and well maintained at all times. We don’t go in for strict job descriptions, we all like to get mucked in, however here’s an idea of how we see the role.
Room/Public Area Cleanliness
- We like IT clean! Ensure the room/public area cleanliness quality is up to the Hotel standard.
- Ensure linen used is according to the Hotel standard and is in good condition.
- Ensure all facilities in room is functional and in good condition
- Liaise and follow up with Maintenance Division on defect works to be completed in each room within the given timeline
- Be assertive. Monitor and ensure the weekly/bi-weekly/monthly cleaning of the public area is done as scheduled.
- Make sure you like lists! Prepare a checklist for public area/room cleaning schedule and follow up accordingly
- Communication is the key. Liaise with Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper on available rooms/defect rooms status to ensure room inventory is sufficient for sale and occupancy on daily basis.
- Communication is the key. Liaise with external housekeeping staff/supervisor to re-clean the rooms if the cleanliness is not up to prescribed standard.
- Undertake any task or assignment as may be assigned to by immediate superior or Management from time-to-time.
Daily Operations Stock
- Be responsible. Record and submit daily stock movements to Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper i.e. toilet rolls, toiletries IT, garbage bag, towel bag, cleaning chemical, room inventory or any replacement needed to ensure all items in the room are in good condition.
- Submit stock order for daily operations to Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper.
- Keep everything in check! Log and monitor all housekeeping machineries and equipment movement – services/quantities and to ensure all in good condition.
- Lend a hand. Monitor and assist Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper on daily operations cost.
Housekeeping Tracking Report
- Keep others accountable. Ensure all external housekeeping staffs follow the housekeeping cleaning procedure and all cleaning tracking is declared accurately on daily basis.
- Surprise checks are the best! Perform random checks on the cleaning equipment used by the housekeeping team and to ensure all are in good condition.
- Keep everything in check. Log and track movement of key cards, keys, equipment, and other items issued to external housekeeping staff.
Linen Count and Quality
- Follow the order, always! Ensure all linen transaction from the Linen room Check-Out Room Laundry Linen Room is declared accurately on a daily basis
- A monthly stock gets together is inevitable (but fun). Audit the physical linen stock on month-end together with the Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper to ensure all documented reports are accurate before each handover.