Candidate should be able to work independently on different class of materials for both manufacturing and product development. Able to handle raw and functionalized materials that needs to be characterized and validated for performance improvement. Candidate is expected to handle challenges in material identification and integration / implementation in products, which needs expertise to conduct systematic material testing, data evaluation and qualification for product development.
To satisfy above attributes, the candidate should have knowledge in
- Materials science and engineering principles to develop, identify and evaluate appropriate materials and their process ability for product development.
- Providing solutions to complex problems such as product/process challenges during technology/product development and manufacturing.
- Able to handle polymers and composites related to electronics and do advanced material characterizations.
- Conduct, coordinate or supervise field investigations, laboratory testing, and evaluation of respective data.
- Analysis, researches, designs & development of materials and their related fabrication & application processes.
- Failure analysis of components, life predictions & definition and requirement specifications based on the materials and devices.
- Evaluation on existing material processes and recommendation to improve system performance and reliability.
- Developing and optimizing materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems.
- Interaction and discussion on supplier qualification for raw material selection and conduct/coordinate tests on raw materials in order to ensure quality and regulatory compliance.
- Developing lab capability for material characterization and analytical chemistry in support of product development projects