Job start : August 2022 or January 2023
Location : Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
Contract type : Full Time
Contract term : Fixed Term
Closing date : until filled
Knewton Global Schools Miri is located in the Malaysian state of Sarawak on the north coast of the island of Borneo. Our campus has both a British International and a National Private School, caring for approximately 380 students aged ************* years old from a wide range of nationalities and backgrounds.
Applications are invited from qualified, experienced Music teachers to join our school. The successful candidate will:
• Have a recognised degree related to the subject taught (Music);
• Have a teaching qualification (e.g. B Ed., PGDT, PGCE);
• Have at least two years’ teaching experience;
• Be able to develop, implement and deliver a broad, balanced and differentiated Music curriculum;
• Have a keen interest in organising musical productions;
• Be independent, self-motivated, and proactive in enriching the curriculum and developing wider school initiatives;
• Assess, record and report on the progress, development and attainment of students to support their learning;
• Keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology and in the relevant curriculum areas;
• Take a full and active role in supporting extracurricular activities and delivering the School’s Guiding statement and development plans.
Knewton Global Schools Miri offers a competitive salary with generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund, fee reduction for staff children, medical insurance and opportunities for career advancement and CPD (continuing professional development).
Knewton Global Schools Miri is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate for the post, including reference checks with past employers and be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.