- Understands completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensures that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensures that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Achieves company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Controls cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Makes employment decisions (staff level) including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining all management personnel & staff as appropriate.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your managers and staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, district and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Provides ideas & carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
Your role as the Café Manager shall encompass the following core responsibilities where you will be reporting directly to the General Manager in all matters related to the general operations of the designated café. You shall oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and provide the leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.