Req ID: 91864
State/Province: Bayan Lepas
Celestica Global Supply Chain operates as a unified virtual system with our customers and suppliers by acting as seamless extensions of their operations. We offer customized, flexible and integrated supply chain solutions, supported by a global technology platform and a dedicated, market-focused team.
We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager - JDM (Joint Design and Manufacturing to join our global team to lead our strategic sourcing, supplier selection; development, commodity engineering, component engineering and materials cost-reduction initiatives in support of our Connectivity and Cloud Solutions (CCS) segment. The successful candidate will have significant experience in both customer management, and design for supply chain initiatives. The incumbent will lead the efforts of multiple support organizations, globally, to ensure a successful engagement with Celestica product design customers.Detailed Description
Advanced expertise in one or more areas of specialization; applies expertise cross-functionally. Work is guided by broad site objectives and corporate policy. Incumbents oversee very complex, or multiple complex projects, including cross-functional projects where a high degree of judgment and independence are required in developing solutions and resolving unusual problem situations. Incumbents have decision-making authority and autonomy to deliver on goals of department/function, as applicable. Influences others cross-functionally to ensure department or functional goals met, and resolves conflicts in an effective manner. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve goals results in critical delay in Business Unit schedules and/or operation. May lead a regional functional area or project team with significant impact on company results, or may be an expert in their field, providing ideas, opinions and advice to others. Acts independently to determine new methods and procedures. Builds cross-functional relationships where persuasive skills, negotiation skills, and considerable tact are required to gain support. Interfaces with senior managers on issues related to the area of expertise. Maintains positive relationships with key customers, suppliers, etc., who have a significant impact on the success of the organization. May represent the organization in public speaking venues and/or community events.Responsibilities
- Supports delivery of projects developed by Celestica’s Global Design Services organization.
- Provides direction for source selection and ensures proper process implementation.
- Works with the Commodity Management teams to ensure negotiations meet business requirements and growth plans.
- Works with the supply chain management process for customers, from materials pricing and BOM analysis to delivery execution and flexibility performance.
- Quotes and negotiates critical high dollar or strategic commodities, or provides direction to a team of commodity managers.
- Provides support in the analysis of costed customer bids or quarterly BOM Costing exercises for global customers.
- Works with Global Design team to optimize Design for supply chain performance of Celestica products.
- Develop a robust forecast review process with the Customer Focus Team at the manufacturing sites that will enable forecast attainment improvements.
- Has regular communication with customers related to demand, commitments, non-performing inventory, and future process changes /improvements.
- Drive account inventory performance through analytical MPS management.
- Supports quarterly business reviews with customers, and with senior management at key/strategic suppliers.
- Provides leadership and direction with respect to interaction with suppliers. Leads process development and development of commodity strategies.
- Supports projects or programs on a global basis.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of supply chain management, inventory management, marketplace conditions for a broad range of strategic commodities, industry pricing, technology, emerging trends
- Good knowledge of advanced planning tools.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels including executives and/or major customers.
- Ability to work with international teams with cultural sensitivity.
- Good understanding of IT concepts and integrated business applications.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and problem resolution skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to resolve complex issues & problems internally and externally.
- Significant skills are required in multi-tasking and time management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally and with other sites to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate time zones as necessary.
- Occasional overnight travel is required up to 10% both domestic and internationally
- 9+ years of relevant experience in Supply Chain Management
- Previous experience within an electronics manufacturing services environment is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Celestica is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on any protected status (including race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran or disability status or other characteristics protected by law).
At Celestica we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Special arrangements can be made for candidates who need it throughout the hiring process. Please indicate your needs and we will work with you to meet them.Company Overview
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) enables the world’s best brands. Through our recognized customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, Communications, Enterprise, HealthTech, Industrial, Capital Equipment and Energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges. As a leader in design, manufacturing, hardware platform and supply chain solutions, Celestica brings global expertise and insight at every stage of product development – from drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services for products from advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware platform solutions for the Cloud.
Headquartered in Toronto, with talented teams spanning 40+ locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica would like to thank all applicants, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Celestica does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.