Eatons Industrial Aerospace Sector, Fluid Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Front-Line Leader (1st shift) on to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Front-Line Leader for Ducting on day shift is responsible for directing the daily activities and development of 25-35 hourly employees. This person is responsible for developing the production operation plan, driving operations excellence, and building organizational capability to achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Cost and Culture objectives. The driving focus will be the successful achievement of department objectives through effective deployment of the Eaton Business System and continuous improvement of key processes.
The Front-Line Leader will partner closely with a cross functional team in the development of processes to achieve a zero-incident culture, maximize output, maintain machinery, and reduce overall costs and through these improvements exceed the customers expectations and on time delivery.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. Its where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potentialand where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Champion a Safety Culture through using MESH tools, safety best practices, and empowering all employees to take responsibility for their own safety as well as all of everyone around you.
- Lead areas of responsibility in the use of EBS practices, including MESH, ELSS, EQS, ProLaunch, and BOS/BSC, with focus on performance of the entire value stream. Keep focus on meeting customer needs, both internal and external (Customer Centric Focus / KBKC).
- Utilize the Tiered Meeting process to track and analyze key operational metrics and implement actions to improve operational performance. Direct day-to-day activities in production areas, including manpower movement, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation data, etc.
- Lead cross-functional Continuous Improvement Teams for areas of responsibility, championing teamwork through the Continuous Improvement Framework process and use of ELSS tools to continuously improve operational performance. Participate in other CI Teams as appropriate. Manager priority on shared functional resources to achieve business needs.
- Forecast labor hours, schedule overtime, and execute to labor plan.
- Prepare reports and present CI Team data and activities to Beltsville Plant Leadership Team.
- Establish and maintain a positive, engaged employee team sentiment through application of Eatons Leadership Attributes and Aspirational Goals. Empowering employees to make decisions, innovate, and work in a continuous learning environment. Ensure work is exciting, meaningful, and engaging for your team.
- Coordinate training and development for hourly team members, as well as providing coaching and oversight to dotted-line functional team members. Clearly define and communicate expectations, providing positive reinforcement when met and providing coaching and counseling as necessary when not met.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Operations/Manufacturing
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in United States without company sponsorship
- Position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50-mile radius of the Beltsville, MD facility will be considered.
- Minimum of two (2) years of manager of people experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Operations/Manufacturing in Aerospace.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
What youll get from us:
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call ******* or send an email to: ****@
What you will get from us
Eatons mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. Its where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potentialand where you can help us reach ours. Eatons 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the companys operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No