Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether youre helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Fund Accountant - Private Capital Market
What will you do?
- Accurate and timely execution of agreed processes supporting the fund accounting, NAV production and GP accounting functions across a range of Private Capital Services structures, including validation of manual entries, collation of accounting working papers, and presentation metrics and control data
- Fund Controller activities including validating the financial reports of investment entities holding Real Estate and Private Equity on behalf of client funds
- Ensure tolerance checks are complete and any outstanding items are investigated and cleared and that all related audit and regulatory requirements are clearly satisfied including the requirements of service level agreements
- Respond to all queries and in a timely and effective manner and propose solutions for consideration with the agreed governance and change framework
- Build productive relationships with internal departments, and create working relationships as part of the wider Malaysia Client Operations Team and support cross-working and operational improvement initiatives
- Ensure activities and controls are documented in comprehensive procedures and support the governance and control of the team through the application of professional awareness risk mindset
- Adhere to all RBC Investor & Treasury Services Policies and Procedures at all times.
What do you need to succeed?
- Relevant operational knowledge and experience (1-2 years).
- Experience in fund accounting and / or financial reporting and / or business administration with a focus on financial services and preferably fund structures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to use initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and networking abilities with agents and internal departments and ability to work as part of a team to achieve collective goals.
- Good organisation skills, ability to prioritise workloads to meet tight deadlines.
- As a guideline to ensure a reasonable time is spent in a role, you are expected to have at least 12 months of service in your current role for any lateral move
- Accounting or business administration qualification desirable.
- Fund accounting system knowledge desirable:
- Multifonds or equivalent applications
- Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
Whats in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded.
What is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services, Malaysia is a center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones. RBC I&TSs Private Capital Services ( PCS ) delivers specialist corporate fund administration, fund accounting, transaction management and shareholder services to Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure Funds and other Private Capital Services Structures.
The Fund Accountant, Private Capital Services ( PCS ) Malaysia, is responsible for accurate and timely fund and GP accounting, NAV production, and fund controller activities, across the range of Private Capital Services structures supported by the business, and for supporting the cross-review of the teams work.
Supporting Region: Luxembourg( 3pm - 12am )
Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Investor and Treasury Services
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at *************