We are searching for a resourceful Warehouse supervisor to join our productive team at Home Chef in Baltimore, MD.
Growing your career as a Full Time Warehouse supervisor is a terrific opportunity to develop competitive skills.
If you are strong in decision-making, leadership and have the right mindset for the job, then apply for the position of Warehouse supervisor at Home Chef today!
Founded in 2013, Home Chef is the leading meal solutions company with both a retail and online presence. Available online at ************* and in retail at more than 2,100 Kroger grocery stores, Home Chef is committed to inspiring and enabling more people to cook simple, delicious meals, no matter how busy they are. Similar to our recipes, we recognize that variety is the spice of life, and therefore, our employees also bring their uniqueness and color to our fantastic team. Were eager to work with humble team players and pragmatic next-level thinkers to innovate on Home Chefs offerings. As the COVID-19 situation evolves in the US and worldwide, we are taking all the necessary precautions, per the CDC guidelines, to keep our employees and customers safe. Overview The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the warehouse team for his or her shift, ensuring that each required task is executed and conducted properly and safely. The Warehouse Supervisor is also responsible for anticipating and troubleshooting issues as they arise and managing the performance of warehouse leads and associates on his or her shift with little guidance; using all information available and collaborating with other stakeholders as needed. Responsibilities Supervision of Core Warehouse Functions: The Warehouse Supervisor must demonstrate proficiency in all warehouse functions and processes and ensures compliance with standard procedures on a daily basis. The Warehouse Supervisor is accountable for maintaining the layout and organization of all warehouse spaces and ensuring warehouse team is creating and promoting a safe workplace.
- Works with leads, receivers, and warehouse associates to monitor receiving activities to ensure accuracy, integrity of product and dock maintenance are all kept up to company standards.
- Ensures issues with facility spaces or powered industrial trucks are escalated to Maintenance team via established reporting systems.
- Responsible for WMS compliance of team at receipt through the putaway to storage process.
- Ensures all receiving processes are completed in accordance with SOP. Must be able to adapt plans and communicate effectively to the team ad hoc changes or directives that are not outlined in an SOP.
- Communicates any variances or issues immediately to the team and all stakeholders affected. Establishes a clear follow up timeline for root cause analysis. Ensures retraining and additional communication are conducted as needed.
- Conducts audits of receiving and putaway processes to ensure accuracy and compliance of execution metrics. Provides immediate feedback to team members to promote growth and development.
- Assesses efficiency of receiving activities and works with receivers and putaway team to improve efficiency and workflow when tasks are not being completed at expected pace.
- Conducts check of pallet shipping sheet and the admin shipping list to verify documentation for cases shipped has been properly completed and all cases scanned in facility
- Coordinates with logistics provider to manage pick-ups; accurate loading for outbounds via Outbound Trailer Scheduler
- Ensures standard processes for tagging, storage, and loading of outbound pallets are followed
- Verifies all special out-bounds, such as transfers, to ensure accuracy of load and all documentation is uploaded per SOP
- Audits load sheets completed by the loaders to ensure accuracy
- Communicates all doors remaining for pick up per recap and/or dock log. Ensures all corresponding BOLs are completed and uploaded if picked up. If still pending pickup, ensure the load sheet and BOL are prepared and left for the oncoming shift.
- Logs all trailers pick up in pallet shipping sheets and ensures uploaded to file for reference.
- Ensure hourly dock checks are completed so no truck is left behind or misses dock out. Escalate and Communicate any issues to logistics and/or manager for follow-up.
- Inventory :
- Responsible for leading the inventory team members and gatekeepers within the plant
- Work with the Warehouse Manager to maintain the layout and organization of all warehouse spaces and drop zones; ensuring maximum efficiencies through slotting and auditing of processes
- Works with Warehouse Manager to create space / slotting to provide options for warehouse organization
- Driving WMS utilization and accuracy through:
- Working inventory team to coordinate cycle counts based on inventory schedule (daily and weekly food, packaging, end of week and end of month physical inventories)
- Working with gatekeepers and production to ensure accuracy of finished goods tracking and storage to preclude waste due to inaccurate record keeping, portioning, and storage
- Working with Inventory team to communicate potential shorts to Warehouse Manager
- Working with Inventory, Production, and Procurement teams to gather starting inventory of raw goods and excess production finished or decanted goods for upcoming menus
- Working with Inventory Team to provide accurate dates and numbers for excess or aging product weekly; working with Procurement teams to substitute or discard timely
- Ensures active weeks products are being issued in correct FIFO/FEFO via auditing
Supervision Of Warehouse Personnel The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for leading the warehouse team on his or her shift. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Adheres to safety related procedures and works with associates to create safety first work environment
- Develops an environment that is conducive to teamwork and collaboration
- Communicates job expectations clearly and builds departmental standards for performance
- Lives the Home Chef Values and models our Home Chef Competencies
- Manages attendance reports and follows up on assigned points and coaching
- Conducts rotational check-ins with all members of warehouse team to ensure all team members are progressing against task lists and communicated expectations of performance
- Works with team leads and associates to problem solve when issues arise
- Ensures that immediate and long term solutions are put in place to preclude future occurrences
- Escalate the issue and resolution to idea share with other shifts and other plants
- Ensures all warehouse associates have been properly trained to safely move materials within the facility. Expected to audit the team during daily interactions and floor presence.
- Ensures all warehouse associates have been properly trained in standard operating procedures for the warehouse department
- Audits the P.I.T. checklists for the department to ensure that all equipment being used has had a pre-shift operational check
- Conducts performance evaluations for warehouse leads and associates in a detailed and timely manner
- Coaches through positive reinforcement or constructive feedback as necessary and maintains record of all coaching actions
- Develops team leads to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned team members
- Works with warehouse manager to manage scheduling and time off requests
- Communication and Coordination:
- Manages coordination with other departments for scheduled deliveries, pick-ups, and any discrepancies of these that could negatively impact our ability to meet customer deliveries.
- Serves as shift level point of contact for logistics providers and other departments
- Executes shift handoff, communicating with both warehouse team and other departments
- Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures and promotes continuous improvement within the department and the company.
- General Responsibilities:
- Follows the facility GMPs and Thishelps enforce them throughout the facility
- Supports the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- General high school degree, or equivalent, (e.g. GED). High School diploma or GED
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer proficiency to execute transactions and enter counts/corrections required
- Ability to use handheld data logging equipment required
- Must have Supervised at least 10-15 employees.
- Must have 2+ years of warehouse experience in a leadership role
- 5S and lean manufacturing principles highly desired.
- Employees must be familiar with and become certified to use all P.I.T equipment utilized at the facility within 90 days of employment.
More About Us Perks and benefits:
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available
- Paid holidays, sick time and vacation time
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
How We Work Together We are humble team players. We are warm and gracious with team members and customers. We seek feedback to improve ourselves - and respectfully listen to and accept input. We are pragmatic next-level thinkers. We come up with novel and unique ideas. We explore new strategies to avoid being constrained by conventional thinking. We take ownership. We approach ambiguous problems, prepared to dive in, get curious, and learn more. We are results-driven, always challenging ourselves to exceed goals. Be at Home at Home Chef We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that youll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace. We welcome people of all races, colors, religions, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Home Chef is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Home Chef will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at View email address on ************* . Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer. To view the California Applicant Notice click here
Benefits of working as a Warehouse supervisor in Baltimore, MD: