Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Are you passionate about making an impact?
Partner with the best
Baker Hughes IET research and technology organization has an opening for a Lead Chemical Engineer as part of the Multiphysics model-based design team. The lead Engineer role is responsible for leading key computational modeling and simulation initiatives across Baker Hughes Industrial Engineering Technology, accelerating NTI/NPI, and applying virtual validation to save cost and yield higher product quality.
The role requires a strong fundamental science/engineering background, deep knowledge and proficiency of chemical engineering principals, process modeling, computational modeling tools, and experimental skills, applying CAE/CAD solutions utilizing Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and relevant experiences in Multiphysics modeling including heat transfer, fluid flow, mass transport, electrochemistry, combustion, etc.
As a Lead Chemical Engineer, your main responsibilities are:
- Be a member of a multidisciplinary research and technology team, including, chemical engineers, electrical engineers, and mechanical engineers to support the carbon capture and climate technology solutions.
- Support the development of computational algorithms and models for the process design and the optimization of novel carbon capture techniques.
- Apply modeling and simulation approaches & methodologies into new technology and product development and conduct analytical studies for performance prediction and design optimization.
- Perform sensitivity studies to understand and model thermodynamic, mass/heat transfer and kinetic factors impacting carbon capture operations.
- Collaborate with the IET product companies and technology leaders to scope modeling and simulation projects, plan resources, and lead project execution and delivery.
- Interpret analysis results with respect to lab/field testing, convert these results into practical design procedure, and provide business support to the best practices of future product development.
- Present project updates to key stakeholders including senior business and technology leaders.
- Demonstrate Baker Hughes values when interacting with customers, employees, and partners.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Ph.D. or Mater Degree in STEM and >5 years of industrial experience on Multiphysics Computational Modeling & Simulation.
- Experience in leveraging physics-based modeling (FEA, CFD etc.) approaches and methodologies to accelerate the development.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of separation processes such as absorption and adsorption/desorption, phase & chemical equilibrium, modeling & simulation of chemical reactors (e.g., PFR, CSTR) in both homogeneous and heterogeneous conditions.
- Proven proficiency and expertise in utilizing several modeling and numerical simulation software (SolidWorks, NX, ANSYS, MATLAB, COMSOL, Star-CCM+ or similar).
- Proven proficiency and expertise in process modeling and corresponding tools such as Aspen+, HYSYS, ProMax, UniSim, gPROMS, or similar.
- Proven proficiency and expertise in programming particularly Python to understand/write customized modules.
- Proven technology project management capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven capabilities to model complex systems and products across multiple disciplines (including mechanical, electrical, fluid/aerodynamics, vibration, magnetics and thermal etc.) in energy and other industries.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of modeling & simulation of electrochemical systems.
- Experienced in process modeling of carbon capture and hydrogen generation applications.
- Experienced in system and process design, process control applications, and automation.
- Experienced in SysML modeling tools for system and process modeling.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
- Relocation opportunities
- Remote opportunities
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.