Outlet Manager is fully responsible for, and takes charge of an outlet’s day-to-day operations. You lead and manage a team of people which comprises Assistant Manager, Kitchen Supervisors, and Crew Members. You need to be detail specific, QSC oriented, and able to work with limited supervision. You are also expected to drive positive continuous development in the outlet.
Outlet Manager is expected to be the Expert, the Teacher, the Coach and the Role Model to all your people. You are required to possess a thorough knowledge of Company’s SOPs in order to effectively manage, maintain and to standardise the operation procedures as expected by the Management.
You are expected to be knowledgeable, fully aware and comprehend to all Company’s policies. You are expected to react to complaints and or inquiries promptly. You are also expected to manage prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company’s policies, rules and procedures.
- To direct, control and co-ordinate the activities of an outlet.
- To work with the Management on new internet restaurants launching, new marketing initiatives and any other duties assigned.
- To control all associated operational costs and to ensure defensible reasons are given for budget variances.
- To review and implement effective staff scheduling to ensure productive work force.
- To review and implement good practices for stock ordering by the outlet to reduce inventory holding cost.
- To conduct frequent visits and inspections to the outlet to check if the outlet is operating efficiently and in compliance with the SOPs and QSC guidelines set by the management.
- To correct deviations in behaviours and SOPs which deviate from best practices and Company Policies.
- To ensure all employees are diligently carrying out their duties; and to promptly correct gaps highlighted in mystery shopper reports and QSC audits.
- To develop a team of dedicated and capable outlet leaders (i.e., Assistant Manager and Kitchen Supervisors) to ensure smooth running of operations.
- To regularly coach outlet leaders on leadership skills and principles to ensure they are equipped with the right tools and mindset to succeed at their work.
- To ensure all newly joined people to receive a proper induction training.
- To identify in-store training needs.
- To conduct regular on the job training through personal coaching and close guidance that strictly adhere to all Company’s SOPs.
- To ensure effective staff scheduling at outlet level.
- To assist with people management including recruiting, evaluating and disciplining staff as appropriate and whenever it is necessary.
- To implement strategies to increase motivation and staff morale, including job enrichment, job enlargement and job rotation.
- To set an evaluation schedule and ensure all staff receive timely and meaningful performance evaluation.
- To work closely with Human Resource Department regarding all employment and people issues.
- To ensure outlets have the “right” level of sock levels for smooth operation process.
- To maintain and monitor the overall tidiness of all outlets.
- To prepare and submit all required paper works in organised and timely manner.
- Paper works include but not limited to new staff engagement letter, training progress report, staff scheduling, stock ordering, documents for payroll processing, wastage report, overhead report, and any other assigned paper work from the Management.
- To maintain constant communication with the Management on identification and resolution of issues as and when they happen.
- To participate in weekly leadership meetings; and to present own KPIs or reports as and when needed.
- Due to the nature of the industry, the role must be committed to working weekends and public holidays whenever necessary, or when directed to do so.