MILL CREW / MILL OPERATOR
Mill Crew reports to the Assistant Mill Supervisor and is responsible for:
1. Observing and practising safety and hazard free work procedure.
2. Installing and adjusting roll stands, passes, and guides on stands of rolling mill, according to products to be rolled.
3. Monitoring condition and changing of roll pass groves.
4. Maintaining all the guides and rolls water cooling system in proper installation to avoid roll breakage and final product defects.
5. Checking bar size and bar tension between roll stands regularly and adjusting roll stands gap to obtain correct bar size and bar tension between stands.
6. Observing rolling operation to detect any abnormalities of bar.
7. Informing to superior regarding any process problems, product’s quality problems and equipment’s failure.
8. Recording operational and production data on specified forms.
9. Transferring roll stands, equipments, materials and supplies between work areas, using forklift or overhead crane.
10. Assisting in operating equipment at designated area or control room as stated in the Work Instruction.
11. Carrying out house keeping from time to time.
12. Performing any other tasks as requested by superior from time to time.