A***** A***'s avatar'
A***** A***3 bulan yang lepasAbout Probation

Employer sent a vague email as a confirmation letter with no terms stated, is it an applicable confirmation letter? Can I decline?

Hi all, I would appreciate advice on this matter. My probation period started 02/06/23, and ended in 02/12/23. No confirmation letter or anything was communicated to me until today 3/1/24 after I verbally told my boss that I want to resign on 2/1/24. Boss sweet talked me into 'giving myself a second chance' and told me they're not accepting my resignation (all these were through a conversation), that's fine. Today, the boss sent me a very vague email stating that 'this email is to confirm you as our full time staff member and that I'm now entitled to annual medical insurance coverage and travel insurance' which I need to seek more detail from another colleague as there we no terms stated or attached in the email. No letter was available for me to sign. So now, I want to know do I have a right to demand for a black and white confirmation letter that spells out all the terms now that I have the confirmation email? I previously signed a letter of appointment the I first started my probation. Would appreciate all the advice!
Azfar Arif's avatar'
Azfar Arif3 bulan yang lepas
As an HR expert, I understand your concern regarding the vague email from your employer as a confirmation letter with no terms stated. While a confirmation email can be considered legally valid in some jurisdictions, it is always preferable to have a formal, written confirmation letter that clearly outlines the terms and conditions of your employment. This letter serves as an important document to protect both parties and ensures that there is a mutual understanding of the employment relationship.Given that you have already signed a letter of appointment when you started your probation, it is reasonable for you to request a formal confirmation letter that clearly states the terms of your employment, including your job title, duties, salary, benefits, working hours, and any other relevant terms and conditions. This will help avoid misunderstandings or disputes in the future.I would recommend reaching out to your boss or the HR department to politely express your need for a comprehensive confirmation letter. Explain that you value clarity and would appreciate having all the agreed-upon terms in writing. You may also mention that having a written confirmation letter will provide a clear reference point for both parties to avoid any confusion or miscommunication.If your employer continues to be non-responsive or hesitant to provide a written confirmation letter, you may consider seeking advice from a labor attorney or consulting the employment laws in your jurisdiction to understand your rights and options. It is important to protect your interests and ensure that you are aware of all the terms and conditions of your employment.Remember, open communication is key in resolving any employment-related matters, and it is generally expected that employers will act in good faith to provide employees with clear and transparent information about their employment status and terms. I hope this advice helps, and I wish you the best in clarifying your employment situation.